The morning of the ‘deciding day’ came on the 21st June and already multiple people had voiced the crippling suspense. Suspense however that was dulled or reduced by optimistic characters, using phrases such like ‘Ah we’ll see’ or ‘whatever happens, happens’ a wiser outlook I think.
Anyhow following a pressuring, long process, the prefect were decided!
To those who didn’t quite make it here’s a list of reasons why you shouldn’t feel too disheartened.
- Less pressure to always look so smart.
- You can get away with having a bad mood day.
- Don’t have to teach Blake to swing their arms in time with their opposite foot.
- Fewer responsibilities, obligations.
- More of your own time.
- You get two more days of summer than the prefects. (Can go to sundown festival!)
For those who got prefect, well done! Here’s why you should be pleased.
- Your interviews clearly didn’t go as badly as you may have thought.
- You have the chance to be a figure that people will look up to.
- You have the chance to influence people’s success and well being.
- Cool shirts! And some not so cool, in certain cases.
- Divisions will be more interesting.
Overall, year 12 should all be happy no matter what stage in the process you got to, or even if you didn’t apply. Let’s hope that next year we will be successful as a prefect body but also as a whole !